Do you need a Real Estate professional to determine the value of your home?
There are several automated real estate valuations on the internet, the most popular being Zillow’s “Zestimate”. In a location like Park City, where every neighborhood was built during a different time period and the majority of homes are custom built, there are tremendous variations that an analytic computer program can not account for.
Where Online, Automated Valuations Fall Short
- Does the home back to open space or a golf course?
- Is the home close to Highway 80 or SR 224?
- Is the home south-facing?
- How large is the lot?
- How close is the nearest neighbor behind the lot?
- Is the lot flat or on a hillside?
3. The Home
- What year was the home built? Has the home been updated?
- What is the finish level? Granite countertops or Formica?
- What is the style of the home? Mountain timber? Brick?
- What is the condition of the home? Is it beat up from small children and pets or is it pristine?
- What is the floor plan like? Is there a walk out basement or window wells?
All of these qualities go into the calculation of a home’s market value. I make it my business to preview as many properties as possible during our REALTOR open house tours. This allows me to compare the value of one property against another. Real estate valuation is both an art and a science that requires an experienced professional.